Suchen Sie nach Inhalt in Foren

Josef Mergen Books

Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1074985985000
Klassifizierung: Abfrage
Bearbeitet: 1164018507000
I have found information on my Filzen Family listed in Ancestry.com passenger list. It states the following:

Name: Peter Filzen
Year: 1884
Place: Wisconsin
Family Members; wife Kat and 4 children Source Publication Code: 5408
Primary Immigrant: Filzen, Peter

Source Bibliography: MERGEN, JOSEF. "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Amt Neumagen." In Heimatkalender fuer den Kreis Bernkastel (1956), pp. 68-71. Page: 71 ( can anyone translate this?)

Does anyone have information on this publication ie; owners of, place to find it etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is Neumagen(town name) in the Kries(district of) Bernkastel?

I know the LDS has micro film of Bernkastel church records, I'm trying to narrow down my search.

Thanks for your input,

John

Re: Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1078313688000
Hi,

"Source Bibliography: MERGEN, JOSEF. "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Amt Neumagen." In Heimatkalender fuer den Kreis Bernkastel (1956), pp. 68-71. Page: 71 ( can anyone translate this?)"
means:
Josef Mergen was a teacher, who wrote books (and essays), in which he collected all known people who emigrated with permission (legally?) from the region Trier/moselle/Rheinland -Pfalz to USA or other lands.
The translated title of your mentioned essay means: The America emigrants from the district Bernkastel. Its printed in a book called Calendar for the district Bernkastel from the year 1956. Its some kind of annual book for the people who live there. And your mentioned essay is printed on pages 68-71.
I am not sure if you find this book in libraries in the USA, maybe try in ebay.de / ebay germany. Sometimes books like this are offered there not expensive. Search for "Heimatkalender Bernkastel".
Hope this helps a little bit.
Sandra

Re: Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1078315416000
Bearbeitet: 1164018507000
Thank you Sandra.
I do believe I found them(the books) at the Stearns Museum and found the reference to my ancestors. I appreciate your responce.

John

AW: Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1468707981000
Klassifizierung: Aus- und Einwanderung
Nachnamen: Mergen
The work lists the emigrés who applied to the Prussian administration for a permit, and it includes the range of about 1855 to 1910. Not every emigré applied.

The work's list is included in "Emigration to America from the area of Trier, Rheinland-Pfalz in the 19th C," which is available in microfilm from the LDS Family History Library, and online from the LDS in five separate volumes. The five-volume work is also available in a single, searchable PDF at Scribd.com. (https://www.scribd.com/document/317740836/Emigration-to-Amer...)
pro Seite

Suchen Sie ein Forum über ein bestimmtes Thema