Suchen Sie nach Inhalt in Foren

Josef Mergen Books

Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1074985985000
Klassifizierung: Abfrage
Bearbeitet: 1164018507000
I have found information on my Filzen Family listed in Ancestry.com passenger list. It states the following:

Name: Peter Filzen
Year: 1884
Place: Wisconsin
Family Members; wife Kat and 4 children Source Publication Code: 5408
Primary Immigrant: Filzen, Peter

Source Bibliography: MERGEN, JOSEF. "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Amt Neumagen." In Heimatkalender fuer den Kreis Bernkastel (1956), pp. 68-71. Page: 71 ( can anyone translate this?)

Does anyone have information on this publication ie; owners of, place to find it etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is Neumagen(town name) in the Kries(district of) Bernkastel?

I know the LDS has micro film of Bernkastel church records, I'm trying to narrow down my search.

Thanks for your input,

John

Re: Josef Mergen Books

Veröffentlicht: 1078313688000
Hi,

"Source Bibliography: MERGEN, JOSEF. "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Amt Neumagen." In Heimatkalender fuer den Kreis Bernkastel (1956), pp. 68-71. Page: 71 ( can anyone translate this?)"
means:
Josef Mergen was a teacher, who wrote books (and essays), in which he collected all known people who emigrated with permission (legally?) from the region Trier/moselle/Rheinland -Pfalz to USA or other lands.
The translated title of your mentioned essay means: The America emigrants from the district Bernkastel. Its printed in a book called Calendar for the district Bernkastel from the year 1956. Its some kind of annual book for the people who live there. And your mentioned essay is printed on pages 68-71.
I am not sure if you find this book in libraries in the USA, maybe try in ebay.de / ebay germany. Sometimes books like this are offered there not expensive. Search for "Heimatkalender Bernkastel".
Hope this helps a little bit.
Sandra

Veröffentlicht: 1078315416000
Bearbeitet: 1164018507000
Thank you Sandra.
I do believe I found them(the books) at the Stearns Museum and found the reference to my ancestors. I appreciate your responce.

John

Veröffentlicht: 1506396356000
Several of Josef Mergen's books are available through the LDS microfilm rental ---in the USA only, I think. I have photos of several of the document pages, and I am gradually transcribing and translating them on my blog.
Einige Bücher von Josef Mergen werden als LDS-Mikrofilme geleihen. Vielleicht nur in den VSen. Ich selber habe Aufnamen jenigen Seiten gemacht, von welchem ich langsam am Blog überschreibe und übersetze.

First, look at my posting
http://tgkohn.blogspot.com/2016/06/j...migration.html
that lists all known publications by Mergen.
Die Webpage oben stellt je alle Dokumente von Mergen.

My current (slow) work begun in September 2017 is transcribing and translating two of his works "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Reigerungsbezirk Trier" (8 volumes) and with a transcription of his 1958 notes that was made by Dr. Maria Cremer in the Salt Lake City LDS genealogy library, "Emigration to America from the District of Trier (Germany) during the 19th Century/Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Regierungsbezirk Trier im 19ten Jahrhundert."
Seit 09.2017 habe ich die Arbeit zwei von Mergens Werke zu überschreiben und übersetzen: "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Reigerungsbezirk Trier" (8 Bände) und eine von Maria Cremer aus den LDS-Bibliothek gemachten Ueberschreibung seine Notizen, "Emigration to America from the District of Trier (Germany) during the 19th Century/Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Regierungsbezirk Trier im 19ten Jahrhundert."

Volume/Band 7, "Die Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Kreis Trier-Stadt."
http://tgkohn.blogspot.com/2017/09/d...dem-kreis.html
is relatively limited in scope, by its focus on residents of the city of Trier. The book assigns entry numbers to each person or group, without regard to date or alphbetic order.
kommt mit einer Beschränkung zu den Auswandern aus Trier-Stadt. Das Buch arrangiert die Auswanderer mit Zähle, statt Daten oder alphabetische Ordnung.

The 1958 notes, "Emigration to America from the District of Trier (Germany) during the 19th Century/Amerika-Auswanderung aus dem Regierungsbezirk Trier im 19ten Jahrhundert."
http://tgkohn.blogspot.com/2017/09/e...strict-of.html
are more generally aimed at the region around Trier, and it is arranged alphabetically.
sind alphabetisch arrangiert und versuchen die Auswanderer aus der ganzen Gebiet Triers zu präsentieren.

If you would like to place a priority on a name of interest, please provide a comment on the blog with the forename and family name, and any other data you have. (Requests made on this forum may not be noticed for several weeks.)

Tom Kohn
pro Seite

Suchen Sie ein Forum über ein bestimmtes Thema