Suchen Sie nach Inhalt in Foren

Historical Burgenland Novel - Readers/Consultants Sought

Historical Burgenland Novel - Readers/Consultants Sought

Veröffentlicht: 1524951216000
Klassifizierung: Abfrage
Nachnamen: Samson
I'm a journalist/writer working on my 11th novel, a fictionalized version of a 19th century family journey from Burgenland (Halbturn, Frauenkirchen) to the U.S. I'm looking to connect with potential subject-matter experts and beta readers who know about 19th century Burgenland and/or enjoy historical sagas. Please contact me directly (LIORatLIORSAMSONdotCOM; not via board) if interested.

Re: Historical Burgenland Novel - Readers/Consultants Sought

Veröffentlicht: 1553804857000
Nachnamen: Gangl, Grieman, Schneider, Tischler, Tschida, Szaak
Interesting query! Have you found anyone to assist you yet? I've studied Austrian genealogy for over 20 years as my family originated in Burgenland (Tadten, Illmitz & Wallern). I wrote a short paper of one particular line of the family about how difficult their departure, crossing and arrival must have been.

By now you've probably finished your novel, but if I can be of any help, feel free to contact me,

Pat Gangl Dolan

Veröffentlicht: 1553807169000
Yes, DISTANT SONS was completed and published to enthusiastic reviews. You might enjoy it, especially as one of the central characters is a Schneider from Frauenkirchen in Burgenland.

I would love to read your paper. Can you send me a PDF or link? larry (at) larryconstantine (dot) com

--Larry Constantine (pen name, Lior Samson)

Veröffentlicht: 1553876130000
It's on it's way via email.
Will look for your book!

Pat

Veröffentlicht: 1554051089000
Bearbeitet: 1554051218000
House list 1857 Frauenkirchen:
No. 94, Schneider Salamon
No. 196, Schneider Mathias
No. 228, Schneider Mathias
http://www.the-burgenland-bunch.org/HouseList/ND/Frauenkirch...

For Halbturn house lists different years available:
Clicking on the houselists table header (column names) sorts the lists!
District Neusiedl
-> Halbturn (1715, 1720, 1767, 1828)
http://www.the-burgenland-bunch.org/HouseList/HouseLists2.ht...
http://www.the-burgenland-bunch.org/homepage.htm

At SURNAMES you find different people contacts, who searched for Schneider in Frauenkirchen and Halbturn:
http://www.the-burgenland-bunch.org/Surnames/surnames.html

Veröffentlicht: 1554055052000
Nachnamen: Schneider
Thank you Mohnbauer. Of course, I am a novelist rather than a genealogist, and was writing fiction rather than family history. So, some (but not all) of my characters are invented. What I was trying for was plausibility and staying true to context and circumstances. From the name (and names of adjacent households in the list), I presumed that House 94 would have been in the Jewish Quarter, but I would have to tie numbers to a map (historic) to be certain. As to the other two Schneiders, from their names and neighbors, it would be a good guess they were Catholic and outside the ghetto. Perhaps you know where the houses were. There were tailors of both varieties, I am sure.

Veröffentlicht: 1554184764000
Bearbeitet: 1554185768000
Don´t think that there were "Jewish Quarters", as all more country side. ;) And in old times the houses got their numbers in the order in which they were built. And that was seldom one beside the other, but could be at completely different places of the village. Orderly numbering was only later where street names introduced, when a village had enough inhabitants. Anyway, that's always been the case in Austria at countryside.

Maybe you ask in the communities that you are interested. Nowadays, there are many village chronicles in book form, which often include old maps, with some luck. Or they have some of interest in their Archives.

Veröffentlicht: 1554185107000
Bearbeitet: 1554185707000

Veröffentlicht: 1554202886000
In the Siebengemeinden, the Seven VIllages where Jews could live under letters of protection from the House of Esterhazy, there were well-defined Jewish areas, documented both in maps and narratives. In Frauenkirchen one street, Judengasse, still marks what was the original boundary. Research by Benjamin Schwab (thesis at TUW) has digitally reconstructed the 19th century synagogue in Frauenkirchen and established its location. There is now a memorial garden at that site, since the synagogue was destroyed after the Anschluss, as were so many in Austria.

Please understand, I am not doing genealogy. I was, at the time of my OP, completing a novel based on some years of historical background research. The novel, DISTANT SONS, was published at the end of 2018.

Veröffentlicht: 1554203084000
Vielen dank. Ich kenne diese.
pro Seite

Suchen Sie ein Forum über ein bestimmtes Thema