JewishGenTerry Lasky, et. al., comp. Rumänien: Jüdische Volkszählung, 1942 [Datenbank online]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.Ursprüngliche Daten: Tabele Barbatilor. Bucharest, Romania: Archive and Library of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Romania. Fond #: III 400 E/1942. This data is provided in partnership with JewishGen.org.
Die ursprünglichen Listen der Tabele Barbatilor ("Zählung der Männer") wurden 1942 während des Antonescu-Regime in Rumänien kompiliert. Es gibt drei separate Listen. In dieser Datenbank werden unter anderem folgende Informationen bereitgestellt: Name, Geburtsort, Geburtsdatum, Namen der Eltern, Ausbildungsstufe, Beruf und Wohnort.
The original Tabele Barbatilor ("Census of Men") lists were compiled during the Antonescu regime in Romania, in 1942. There are three separate lists:
- T1: The purpose of the first list was to establish a listing of Jewish males resident in all counties and towns of Romania in that year, and born between the years of 1881-1892 (over 50 years old). These men were not to be compelled to forced labor camps, because of their age.
- T2: The second list included Jewish males born between 1893-1921 (ages 21-50) and that were living in Bucuresti. These men were assigned to labor details, usually working in the businesses of non-Jews.
- T3: The third list included Jewish males age 15 and 16 (born June 1, 1926 - May 31, 1928) that were living in Bucuresti. Many were still in school, but some already had professions. They also were not placed in labor details.
About the Database:The following are the fields in this database, and represent the entire list of data:
- Name - Family name and first name (Surname, Given Name)
- Birth Place, County - The town of birth, followed by the county of birth, when given. If the person was born outside of Romania, the county is often the country of birth.
- Birth Date - Date or year of birth
- Father / Mother - Father's given name, Mother's given name
- Education - Level of education
- Profession - Occupation or trade, translated from Romanian
- Residence / Address - Place or address of residence - The first (upper) cell represents a residence usually outside of Bucaresti; The second (lower) cell represents an address in Bucuresti.
- Assigned Labor - Labor detail to which the person was assigned
- Census # - Census number assigned to the person
20 May 2021: Additional records created though database improvements.